Nature Posseses A Vast Amount of Resources that are able to nourish us both inside and out. Some of these natural elements can even do ground-breaking things, like lighten or darken our hair color!
Simple, effective, natural and BUDGET-FRIENDLY!!!!!!!
Let’s Start With The Lighteners…
For centuries our ancestors have utilitzed the sweet golden nectar we know as HONEY for many natural beautification processes. One thing it’s capable of is naturally lightening your hair because it contains natural hydrogen peroxide, a lightener which is used in many man-made hair dyes. Honey posseses the benefits of lightening as well as contains vitamins, minerals, antibacterical qualities, and is a natural humectant (moisturizer).
In addition to being packed with antioxidants and posessing a long list of health benefits, this popular sweet smelling spice, like honey, is a natural peroxide.
BOTH CINNAMON and HONEY are NATURAL PLANT BASED Organics that contain a natural form of hydrogen peroxide possesing the ability to not only lightening the hair with repeated usage but also leaving it in a healthier condition afterwards, unlike chemical peroxides and bleaches.
The results won’t be as quick as with chemical dyes, however with patience and regular usage, the results will be evident!
I TRIED THE FOLLOWING MIXTURE A FEW YEARS AGO AND MY HAIR WAS NOTICABLY LIGHTER WITH HIGHLIGHTS!!!
1/2 cup of PURE HONEY
3 tbs of GROUND CINNAMON
1/4 cup of OLIVE OIL (The Olive Oil Helps to Activate the mixture and make the mixture easier to apply)
1. Rinse your hair thouroughly with warm water.
2. While damp apply the mixure to hair (it will be messy).
4. Let sit for at least an hour. (or overnight like I did)
5.Rinse hair with warm water, then shampoo with a gentle shampoo (I used baby shampoo).
6. Apply Leave in Conditoner, (if you feel neccesary) and style.
REPEAT THE PROCESS AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR DESIRED LEVEL OF LIGHTNESS!
- Blondes, results will be: strawberry blond, some brown highlights
- Black: lighter brown, red tints (after several times)
- Red: red highlights, brown tints
- Light brown: lighter shades and red tints
- Dark brown: light brown and red
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- If you have color treated hair results may not be applicable. (But still give it a try, the ingredients are good for your hair!)
- The darker your hair the more treatments you may need to aquire your desired results.
- Lemon Juice can be added to intensify lightening effects, however the acid in the juice can be drying, so if you decide to add lemon juice be sure to add more oil.
For the DARK IN YOU…
*These two ingredients are both natural, and will not damage or harm your hair.. Everyone’s hair is different so just be sure to listen to your hair and give it extra moisture if needed to enhance the effects of these treatments.